There are many “Postures” we can choose to adopt in response to everyday life and this learning byte introduces you to a few of the most common
- Life happens to me
- I can’t influence
- I am created as I am because of my world
- My life is a burden
- I carry my suffering
- I feel ‘put upon’
- I am responsible
- I can influence
- I can create my own experience
- What posture do you default to?
- What impact do you think that has on those around you?
- What postures do you see being adopted by those you work with?
- When would it be beneficial for you to actively choose a different posture?
It’s useful to get into the habit of being aware of the posture you naturally adopt and questioning whether this is a positive one in a particular situation.
Equally be aware of the postures others adopt and try and help them increase their awareness, through feedback and coaching, when you feel a change would bring a more positive outcome.